Have you ever had your Hotmail account deleted? Recovering a deleted Hotmail account is not as difficult as it might seem. In this blog post, we will show you how to regain access and recover your old Hotmail account in just minutes!
About Account Recovery
It’s not uncommon for www.hotmail.co.uk login accounts to get deleted. Recovering a deleted Hotmail account is made easier by the service allowing you to save your login information so that when an account is set up, it will be restored with all of the saved passwords and details.
What Happens When A Hacked Account Is Deleted?
When an account is hacked or compromised, any data stored in this email address may then be accessed without permission from Microsoft Security Operations Center (MSOC). In order to protect against unauthorized access, MSOC recommends deleting these accounts as soon as possible through one of two methods:
- Recover the user’s original password using the Password Reset process. If successful, contact [email protected] and they will then delete the account.
- Recovering it using a security contact email address listed in your account profile by sending an email to [email protected] In both cases, MSOC recommends that you create another Microsoft Account for future use rather than restoring the original password because of how the process could affect other accounts on Windows devices or services like OneDrive or Cortana.
How to Reset Hotmail Password
One of the most common reasons people lose access to their Hotmail account is because they forget their password. Recovering a forgotten password can be an easy process, and in this article, we will show you how it’s done!
- If you have your email address associated with another Microsoft service (Xbox LIVE, Office 365), sign into that site using the same credentials as before and follow instructions given on-screen.
- The next step would be to go directly onto the Webmail page for Hotmails by typing “webmail” without quotes into your browser bar. Once there enter your old username or email address and press enter. A pop-up window will appear asking if you want to recover/reset your lost password – click Yes and follow the instructions on the screen.
- You should now have a new password! Please enter it twice and click continue.
- Next, you will be asked to provide an alternate email address so that Microsoft can contact you if they need any further information from you in order to recover your account – of course, this is optional but we highly recommend providing one just in case!
Recovering access to your Hotmail account may seem like a daunting task at first glance, however, there are a number of ways for doing so with most methods being very straightforward – all depending on what information you still remember about your old or deleted Hotmail account. The best thing would be to start off by giving yourself time (at least 24 hours) before attempting